Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Setting Out On The Journey...

First, I want to welcome you to my blog. I've pondered for a while about how best to express myself without embarrassing my friends or family with my beliefs. It seems that over the past several months I've taken a different view on things that they don't necessarily believe. One of them being religion.  You see, prior to this decision and my change of heart I was exactly like the people I now despise. Well, maybe not despise, but I certainly want nothing to do with those that call themselves "Christians". 


After rejecting all I had been taught to believe for the past several decades of my life I worried about how I would share this with those I love most. I kept it to myself for a long time and while traveling this journey alone, or so I thought, I found that there were literally THOUSANDS of other people out there who felt the EXACT same way! People who used to be devout believers in the "religion" of Christianity, but along the way realized they had been scammed. 


Little did I know that once I came "out of the closet" I was going to be bombarded by those who still remain in the cult in an attempt to lure me back in because, after all, my soul was at stake. Was it my soul or was it merely my pocket book and the number I represented on their Sunday attendance that really mattered? When they realized they weren't getting anywhere with me, they all seemed to disappear. My soul no longer worth the effort. 


My rejection of religion is the cornerstone for everything I think and feel about all of the things I think and feel about. The things I'll discuss on this blog.  I've added a little You Tube Clip of the God Warrior. This woman was the icing on the cake for me. I owe her a huge thanks for convincing me that the Christian RELIGION is nothing more than a meaningless social club whose members are, in my opinion, certifiable. 







Talk to you again soon!


Lucy




‎"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature." ~Thomas Jefferson

No comments: